Reasons why Rupin Pass Trek should be your next trekking spot
As ecstatic and beautiful as the Rupin Pass Trek is, one must do this trek at least once. With an elevation of 4650 meters, the starting point of this trek is Dhaula in Uttarakhand and the endpoint is Sangla in Himachal Pradesh. The major part of this trek lies in the Himachal region, which is why this trek is a popular spot for Trekking in Himachal Pradesh. Being an ideal trek for adventure lovers, this one sometimes has snowy terrains, water streams, rocky areas, meadows, and much more to offer. The route is green in the beginning and cold towards the end.
A Glimpse of Rupin Pass Trek
Rupin Pass is a perfect combination of beauty and adventure. Here are some of the things that you would love about this best trek for summers:
- Kinnaur Temple is based on Kinnauri Culture and is a two-storey temple and one of the most famous places at Rupin. It is based on Kinnauri Culture.
- Hanging Village is situated on the edge of the mountain and looks like it is hanging out through a cliff.
- Snow Bridges This trek is full of these and is mesmerizing looking at these bridges covered in snow.
- Variety of Scenic Views: The best part about this trek is that you get to see new scenery every one hour. In every few hours, you will get to see a different view like the Rupin river, hanging villages, huge pine forests, snow bridges, glacial meadows, snowfields, glacial valleys, and so many waterfalls.
- Lower Waterfall Campsite: You might have never seen such a beautiful campsite view. A lower waterfall in “U” shape lies on the bed of dense green meadows.
- Kinnaur Kailash will leave you awestruck by its beauty. The view from here is an absolute delight.
Challenges You Can Face During This Trek
Well, whenever we plan for a trek, be it an easy one, moderate or difficult, there are certain safety measures that we must take care of. Rupin trek comes under the category of moderate to difficult level trek. Hence, it becomes important to follow some strict protocols for this trekking destination. It is a very high altitude trek and hence one needs to be very careful regarding a few things.
Below we have mentioned some challenges and also given the safety measures to complete your trekking smoothly:
Crossing River or Water Streams: This can be one big challenge as most of this hike involves trekking alongside the Rupin River. There are many areas in this trek where you need to cross the river or water streams. During peak winters you will get a thick snow sheet that will act as a bridge but during other seasons there will be no such natural bridges. In such a scenario, either
- The localities would have built a temporary bridge or the trekkers will have to boulder hop across. Hence, river crossing in this trek can be a bit challenging.
Safety Measure: Whenever you are doing such a difficult trek, always ensure that you register your trekking with one of the best trekking companies of India. Renowned trekking organizations have the most experienced trek leaders who can give the best guidance during any tough situation.
- Rockfalls or Snow Slides: In this entire trek, you will find two areas that are rockfall prone. The first one is when you trek around lower to the middle waterfall and the second one is when you hike the Rupin gully to the pass. It’s not that rockfall or small chunks of gathered snowfall is common but during summers sometimes the heat can break the snow particles or rock that can fall upon you and give you some serious injury.
Safety Measure: Make sure you always wear a good helmet while doing Rupin trekking in the summers.
If you are planning Rupin trek then here are some FAQ’s that would be of great help for you:
What is the difficulty level of this trek in Himalayas?
This hike is not meant for beginners as it comes under the difficulty level of moderate to difficult.
Best Time to Go For This Trekking in Uttarakhand?
May to September is the best time to do this trek.
Is prior trekking experience is required to do this hike?
Yes, Rupin Pass Trek is an ideal one for those who have completed at least 2 long treks of 3000 to 4000 mts.
Will there be network availability?
You need how many days to complete this hike?
7 to 8 days.
If you love nature and want to spend some relaxing time amidst the real natural beauty then do consider going for this hike. For the best experience of trekking in Uttarakhand or Himachal Pradesh, you can always register with Trek the Himalayas which is one of the largest Trekking companies in India.