Why is Valley of Flowers trek a perfect family holiday
Trek to Valley of Flowers is a vibrant trek. A burst of myriad hues greets you at every step on the trail. It is also a world heritage site declared by UNESCO. Here’re a few points, why we think it makes a perfect family holiday.
- Bonding in a vibrant valley: Imagine being the midst of some of the most beautiful flowers in the Himalayas. Rather, a valley that’s carpeted with a mélange of every colour that you can think of. And imagine being there with your loved ones.
- Memories to be cherished forever: Take some time off your hectic schedule and visit the Valley of Flowers with your family – especially in July – August. Every moment spent in the company of over 400 endangered species will surely turn into a memory of a lifetime.
- An easy trail: The trek to the valley is one of the easiest treks in Uttarakhand. With basic fitness, your entire family can join you for the trek. Since this is not a trek to an isolated location, a number of dhabas will be lined on the way where you can take a breather to soak in the beauty and relax.
- Pilgrimages places for elders: Trek to Valley of Flowers starts from Joshimath and leads to Govind Ghat which are well known pilgrimage destinations. Moreover, shrines of Badrinath Ji and Hemkund Sahib are a divine treat for the elders in your family!
- A paradise for children: The trek proves to be a unique Himalayan adventure for tiny trekkers. The trail is surrounded by a number of rare species of plants and animals. Kids will surely be wowed by the intriguing calls of birds, as they hover on the trail.
- A gardener’s delight: Having a blossoming garden is a pride of every family. And Valley of Flowers offers abundant inspiration for the same. Flowers like Brahma Kamal, Geranium, Marsh Marigold, Prinula, Asters, Lilium, Ranunculus, Morina, Impatiens, Bistorta can be spotted blossoming plentifully in the valley.
Dr. Pallavi Kanaskar